Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Home!

I can’t believe my two weeks in Uganda has past. It seemed to go by so quickly yet I have so much to share with you. For the next week or so I will be sharing some of my favorite stories from my time in Uganda.


Jemima's House, the girl Ryan and I sponsor 
I absolutely feel in love with the country. I admit at first the sights and sounds shocked me a bit. Our whole time in Kampala we only saw one street light…ONE! Traffic was a mess with cars, bikes, and motorcycles (or Bota Botas) then people walking everywhere. There was plenty of dirt…everywhere! Every night when I washed my face I was always shocked at how much dirt I cleaned off. But, the people of Uganda are extremely friendly, caring, and hard working. The children there are precious and easy to fall in love with!  


I am still trying to process all I saw and learned about AMG Uganda and about the lives of the kids in the program. It is amazing how close you can get to a child in only a few days. It was hard to say goodbye to the kids and to my fellow team members although, I am so happy to be back home with my husband.

God taught me a lot while I was in Uganda. I feel truly blessed to have been a small part of the work God is doing in and through AMG Uganda. My co-workers there are incredibly dedicated to serving God and reaching many needy children for His sake. Their dedication and faith challenged me in my own faith. Please continue to pray for AMG Uganda, our co-workers, and their ministry.

Home Visits
If you want to know more about the trip please keep coming back as I share some stories and photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment