Monday, August 1, 2011

Day One

I'm sitting at the AMG home office waiting for 1pm when we drive to the Nashville Airport.  My day started with my second round of my Hep A/B shot...no fun I tell you.  Then I had to say goodbye to Boone and then goodbye to Ryan.  No fun...at all.  But, I keep telling myself that God has lead me here on this trip so I am fully trusting Him.  Even though this part is not easy. 

It probably makes me sound like I'm a big baby...not wanting to leave my husband and dog for two in a half weeks but...this will be the longest that we will be away from each other since we've been married.  Plus, I'll be pretty far away.  I keep telling myself that the two in a half weeks will fly by!  Which they probably will for me...I just hope they do for Ryan too. 

I am excited to get into DC tonight...Ashley will be waiting for us at our hotel.  We will be spending the night then catching the noon flight Tuesday all the way to Ethiopia.  It will be one heck of a long flight! 

Who knows what God holds of the team in Uganda!  I can't wait to see and I am praying I'll be open to whatever God wants me to do and whatever he wants to teach me!

Here is our Itinerary for Uganda, it might change slightly but this is the gist...
  • August 3rd Wednesday We will arrive in Uganda – get settled at the hotel and receive our debriefing and an introduction to AMG Uganda
  • August 4th Thursday We will begin our work at Upendo (the orphange) – Painting and working with children – we will have a staff fellowship in the afternoon
  • August 5th Friday Continuing our work at Upendo.
  • August 6TH Saturday We will be involved in the usual child care center activities for Saturday – games, bible teaching, activity – basically interacting with children.
  • August 7th Sunday We will attend an Ugandan Church
  • August 8th Monday Continuing our work at Upendo – possible home visits in the afternoon.
  • August 9th Tuesday We will be going to visit the Bukoto Child Care Center – work with children – games, sharing testimonies, etc.
  • August 10th Wednesday Back at Upendo – continuing our work.
  • August 11th Thursday Women will be involved with the Dorcas ministry, men will be involved with men/children. We will have a staff fellowship in the afternoon.
  • August 12th Friday Women will be involved with the Dorcas ministry, men will be doing home visits. In the afternoon, we will all be doing home visits in the Namugoga area.
  • August 13th Saturday We will be going to Igamba to minister at the child care center
  • August 14th Sunday Igamba for another day – Ugandan Church services
  • August 15th Monday Travel back to Kampala – get packed for home.
  • August 16th Tuesday Head home and share with friends and family all of the wonderful things you have seen God do over the past 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. yay! I am printing out the documents you sent me and will have them on my desk to pray for you. I hope you have a blessed trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOME of that ACTUALLY happened! Wow! lol:)

    ReplyDelete