Thursday, January 13, 2011

What are you going to do this year?

I love the beginning of a new year.  It gives one the opportunity to start over or set news goals to reach.  I felt like last year I was just coasting (although I did finally finish my degree!).  I decided that this year I would set some reachable goals for myself that would grow me and challenge me.  The two I am most excited about it are praying through Operation World and reading the entire Bible.  These are two things I have never done before.  I have read sections of Operation World and of course I have read most of the Bible but never all the way through in one year.  So far I am doing pretty good.  I am already getting more passionate about reaching the lost in the last few weeks that I have been reading Operation World.  I can only imagine the things God will teach me and show me as I read about each country and their need for Jesus.  I decided to read through an NLT Bible that is in chronological order.  So, right now I have been going through Bible stories I haven't heard since I was a kid in Sunday School.  It is so different to read these as an adult and God is teaching me a lot about Himself specifically His sovereignty.

I am looking toward this new year with excitement.  I already have a trip booked to Lima next month with my parents and husband. I can't wait to see my husband and parents meet their sponsored kids and see the childcare center.  I am also planning on going to Guatemala in June.  We have 5 large childcare centers there and I look forward to seeing them and meeting our Guatemalan co-workers.  God is so good.

With all that said I ask for your prayer as I face this new year head on.  I desire to follow God's leadership in my personal life and as I serve at AMG in the Child Sponsorship department.  So...what are your plans for this new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment