Thursday, June 9, 2011

Going to Uganda

So, I'm going to Uganda in August on an AMG Mission Adventure.  It was a bit of a process for me to get here and now that I'm here I don't think it has really sunk in.  You see, when my boss told Stephanie and I that AMG would pay for us to go on a Mission Adventure this year in order to see more Childcare Centers, my first thought was Peru.  But, since I've been to Peru of course I should branch out to see more and learn more.  So, I thought Guatemala.  Stick to what I know and I figured it would also give me motivation to continue learning Spanish.  Well that door opened, then closed, then opened again, and then officially closed.  The only team left was Uganda.  If that isn't God telling me exactly where to go I don't know what is!  So, August 1st I'll be heading to Uganda along with 18 other people from across the country.

It's kind of a big deal for me.  You may think that is crazy because I work at a Mission Organization so...going on a Mission Trip is just another day at the "office".  While I have been working at AMG for over two years I haven't been on a real mission trip since the summer after I graduated High School in 2003...due to many different circumstances in life (which is for another time and place).
I'm excited to say the least.  Sure, I have some reservations (which is why I didn't chose Uganda in the first place) like being away from Ryan for 17 days, being in a country which is completely different than any country I've ever been to, seeing the poverty millions of children live...it won't be easy.  But, I'm so excited to see the smiling faces of those precious children sponsored and not sponsored at the AMG Childcare Centers, to love them and tell them how much Jesus loves them, and to encourage them to follow their dreams in life.  I look forward to meeting my Ugandan co-workers, better understand where they are coming from, and develop friendships.
My prayer is that I will be open to whatever God wants to teach me, show me, and have me do.  I pray for strength, safety, health, team unity, and that I will be uncomfortable...because I know I will at times.  Being uncomfortable makes one depend on God more...need Him more.  We all need more of HIM. 

Please pray with me!  I'll continue to write as I prepare for my trip to Uganda and as I'm in Uganda...

No comments:

Post a Comment