Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting Ready

I'm leaving for Peru tomorrow!  I really can't believe that I'm actually going. I have been waiting for the opportunity to go to Peru, see the center, meet the Apons and see my family for a long time.  But, I don't know if the excitement of it all will sink in until I'm on my way to Atlanta tomorrow.

Pray for us as we travel.  This is a short trip, so I will only be at the center for one day.  Pray that I'll be able to get a good grasp on things and be able to enjoy the children.  It will almost be surreal to finally see the faces of the many children sponsored (and not sponsored) in Lima.  Everyday I read and work with these children on paper (and computer) but what an experience to finally be able to hug their necks and try to talk to them in Spanish :).  I'll also be sitting in on the AMG Peru Board Meeting.  I hope to be able to get a better handle on the entire ministry in Peru.  Also, I look forward to the fellowship with my fellow AMG workers in Peru. 

Well, I'll try to update once I arrive in Lima and after my day at the center.  Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment