Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Living for Eternity

My husband and I started attending a new church called The Mission in Dayton, Tennessee.  Right now it is small and I love it.  I feel connected and the Bible study is solid and always challenging.  We are doing a short study on Ecclesiastes.  I have always loved this book.  Makes me feel like I'm alone in thinking that life is hard and not easy to figure out.  On Sunday we looked at chapter 3 of Ecclesiastes.  "For everything there is a season, as time for every activity under heaven."  All of us have high points in life and low points in life.  Right now Ryan and I are happy and making it day by day...its not really a high point or a low point...it just life.  There are days when I think my life is falling apart because I get an unexpected bill or something (I'm a bit dramatic) but when you look at life as living daily for Christ...building His Kingdom...for eternity that bill doesn't seem to weigh so heavy.  Also, wanting more space or a relaxing vacation or more stuff doesn't even compare to the fact that there are millions of people on this Earth who don't know Christ.  

Even though I work at a mission organization where our goal is to give everyone on this Earth at least one chance to hear the Gospel message I still get caught up in what the world deems important (being power and riches).  On Sunday night God really slapped me in the face...I sort of live for eternity but I also sort of live for stuff that is meaningless.  I know God has been trying to get this through my head and heart for months now.  I pray that I won't so easily forget that this world is temporary and we are here to love and serve God.  When I was in high school my favorite verse was Philippines 1:21, "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain."  I was reminded of this verse Sunday night...I want my attitude to be like Paul's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment