Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reality Check

Currently my husband and I live in a one bedroom apartment.  We have lived there almost two years now and recently I have been feeling like we've outgrown the space.  I so desperately wanted to move to a two bedroom townhome or apartment.  Well, we decided that it wasn't necessary at this time to move to a larger space so I have started to redecorate and reorganize in order to make our 800 square feet one bedroom apartment a bit more homey.  This past weekend I bought new curtains and such to freshin' things up.  Although I started to get discouraged because I can't afford to buy much, only a little at a time.  THEN...

Monday morning Pete (one of our Mission Adventures team leaders) shared about his recent trip to Uganda.  As I watched his power point with pictures of children wearing rags, sitting in the dirt and malnourished I felt awful for wanting more than I already have.  I know it is a broken record to say "there are starving children in Africa." BUT there ARE starving children in Africa.  Now, this doesn't mean we can't have nice things and enjoy what God has given us but I MUST keep things in perspective.  Why do I need more when many live in a hut with a dirt floor and barely eat once a day.  I really didn't need more space and I don't need to worry about not having enough money to redecorate.  God has blessed me and my husband with more than enough and we are blessed to be able to share what God has given us with those less fortunate.  These precious children are so beautiful in God's site and I pray that through AMG International or any other relief organization their needs would be met physically and spiritually, to the Glory of God. 














Are you interesting in sponsoring a child in Uganda or in another country? CLICK HERE. Sponsoring a child through AMG International provides them with nutritious meals, clothing, education, medical care, love and encouragement from the loving Christian childcare staff and most importantly he or she will learn about the saving grace found only in Jesus Christ. 

Matthew 7:19-21
Don't store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.  Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.  Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment